So, I posted all of these pictures but they are not in the order that I wanted them posted. So this will be a bit confusing. I wanted to give a quick overview of what we've done so far on The Trip.

This first pic is Amos at the Roosevelt Park Zoo.

This is Maren at my mom's store, The Front Porch.
This is the fence that goes around the yard of the store.
Zeni peeking through the porch railing.
Me at the family reunion. The water in Spearfish Creek was freezing cold.
I couldn't stand in it for very long.
The sign that greeted us was so nice and then we realized Jevne was misspelled.
Deadwood, SD was kinda bleeeh. We didn't stay long.

Tash and I were able to ditch the kids for awhile and go cruisin' in Dad's corvette. We had a blast and not once did we go over the 35 mph posted speed limit in Spearfish Canyon. (wink, wink)

When we returned from the canyon we found Amos like this...

Drove through Wall, SD on the way to Spearfish. Didn't stop.

We were trying to make it to Mount Rushmore to see the July 3rd fireworks,
but didn't feel like parking 5 miles away and hiking up the mountain with 3 kids. So we drove past and snapped a picture. Maren was satisfied with having seen it out her car window.

Tash walked across the freezing creek and then had to walk back.
I think it was a male ego thing.

This little bugger can be so cute and sweet, but boy can he turn on ya.

Maren would only go in the creek if she had her flip-flops on. Never barefoot.

Tash's nieces, Kylee and Sydney in Kearney, MO while we were lighting fireworks.

Papa Tom needed a new picture for his desktop. These are the 5 Smith grandkids.

Apparently, Sioux Falls is named Sioux Falls because of this...It was news to me.

Had to stop here because Tash had been telling me about it for 15 years
and I'd never been there.

Since we weren't in a huge hurry to get across SD, we took the Badlands Loop
with lots of cool scenic views to pullover and take pictures.

So that sums up our vacation up to this point. We've got a few more days in Minot and then on to Fargo for one night and KC for 2 nights. I'm sure I'll have many more photos to post. So far I've taken about 420 on this trip. Loving the new camera.

Popular Posts